join working groups
Radical Routes is ran by its working groups. Working group members can be member’s of Radical Routes’ member co-ops, associates, supporters or anyone interested. Most of our working groups only consist of a few people, and are always in need of new members.
Each working group has core members, who agree to attend four gatherings in a row, and non-core who can attend as little or as many working group meetings as they like.
Join a working group to be skilled up in any aspects of our work and meet new people! If you are interested Contact Us.
- Reviews loan applications
- Manages Radical Routes’ finance worker
- Supports co-ops at every stage of setting up their business, including raising finance and doing financial planning with our cash-flow forecast modeling spreadsheet.
- Runs a participatory budget setting for Radical Routes
Find more info about us and what we do on our wiki page.
Creates proposals to improve the functioning of Radical Routes. This has included updating policy, educational materials and the decision making process recently.
Inclusion & Diversity
- Reviews inclusion in Radical Routes and plans to make
- Made this website with the help of some friends.
- Communicates with Catalyst who run the server.
- Finds online tools for getting our work done more efficiently.
- Manages the Radical Routes Tech. Worker.
- The only legal position in a co-operative is the secretary, this work takes a whole working group in Radical Routes.
- Receives proposals and objections and compiles the agenda for the gathering business meetings.
- Keeps policies up to date.
Investment and Engagement
- Enables the investor members to join in the consensus process.
- Administers the investor shares.
- Advertises investment in Radical Routes
- Checks the law regarding investment.
Gatherings and Access
Organises accessible gatherings four times a year.
Organises the creche at every gathering.
Publicity and Exhibition
- Publicises Radial Routes at events and online.
trading co-ops network
Links the trading co-ops of Radical Routes.
- Meeting co-ops in the setting up process
- Helping co-ops though the joining process.
- Organises help for co-ops if needed, e.g. mediation between members.
- Reviews and monitor co-operative law in the UK
- Support members with legal issues
- Create and maintain model documents (rules and tenancy)
- Reviews the Radical Routes policy documents
- Links with other organisations to lobby the government regarding changes in law that affects co-ops.